Background

7.04.2009

Happy 4th

So, this morning was fun. Andrew and I awoke early to be at the church by 7 so that we could decorate the car. I forgot to take pictures--(I KNOW!) But we taped two small flags to my baby antennae & we had a small string-banner-type-thingee.. that had 8 small plastic flags that were sttached by a thnner white plastic string that we tied from the driver's safety belt holder around the back windshield and then tied to the safety belt holder loop on the passenger side.
Then Andrew led the bike parade in the 'stang w/ the windows down blaring patriotic music. we drove through a nearby neighborhood. ALL the kids & parents decorated their bikes! It was SOOO fun. I was really surprised. I didn't think a lot of them would- but they all did! So fun! I was the "safety supervisor" and would bring up the rear on Smurf (my blue motorcycle). Well, go figure all the ones with training wheels were left in the dust so I stayed behind with them. It was really fun! It was like herding little duckies & I was the Momma! When we came to Houston (which isn't a main road but it is off a main road and does get some traffic) I blocked the road w/ my bike so no one would pass so the wee-little-ones could cross the road in safety. i think that's when I felt like a duck momma the most! haha.
There was a short program and brekfast afterwards. It was tons o' fun!
After that, we didn't have to clean up b/c there were a million others helping, so we got to leave a little early. We came home & I ate some cereal before Andrew & I headed over to Staples. We bought this SWEET mahogany apothecary table for $40(normally $200)! No joke! It is sweeet! We had fun trying to shove it in the trunk with 110 degree murderous sunlight. We drove home at 35mph going 6 miles on side streets & we only hit 1 red light! It was nuts. haha.
We called the Texas folks to see how they were doing. They said it'd be okay with them if they went and toured the couple of houses we are seriously looking at. Everything with our loan applications are going well and our realtor is super nice and helpful! We talked to Adam for a moment and he had NO IDEA that we were moving there! Nuts huh? He thought we were just visiting. lol! I'm excited to come out and live by them all. It'll be fun.
Right now I believe the timid dates for the "Sanders Reunion" is the late night (like dinner time meet up/start) of Friday, August 7th through Sunday August 9th. We would leave with our Penske truck Monday the 10th and try to drive... and drive... and drive.
Well, I have loads of frames to take care of and pack (if any of you know how many frames I have, you understand!) so I better go

HAPPY 4th!!!

3 comments:

April Hardy said...

Um...why didn't you tell ME about this apothecary table??? I want one! (it's ok, I forgive you already) And you could have used my car...that way it would have been easier to load and transport.

Cindy Ardis said...

What is a apothecary table? Glad you got it whatever it is. Sounds like your 4th was really fun. Good for you, you are more patriotic than me. We did bargecue.

Lindsey said...

I love apothecary tables! Great find. :)

About Me

My photo
Life Changes fast-- But I'm Excited!