Background

8.28.2009

HOWDY Y'ALL

Hello everybody :)
We have only been here a few weeks, and already my accent is coming out. It's been busy, and slow. Last week we both had the week off (fancy that!) so we went to the Temple on Saturday. It was cool to see inside a different one other than Mesa's. We are enjoying: and the pride of the people who live here. We have already noticed how nice the people are, and how green it is. The humidity feels WONDERFUL. It's already rained at least 3 times since we've been here (2 weeks)! IT feels like paradise here. So obviously, a lot of changes have happened, the first HAPPY one is that we got rid of this:
That couch lived in my nightmares and my reality! *Shudder*
Oh yeah, short side story about our way here:
I had to go to the bathroom SO BAD! Andrew's dad said he 'knew a place' down some side road. Needless to say: WE GOT LOST.
This is the road we ended up following for some time: IT woulda been pretty if I didn't have to go so bad!


The good news is that we ran into this small store:

This place turned me into a pecan-lover. They had fresh turtles, roasted pecans... They were so good. The orchards we had just driven through were all (apparently) pecan trees for this store. Of course those two were FREAKIN' out because of the found memories of their pecan trees in the backyard in Duncan. They were super good, but a tad expensive.

Yes, we did get a puppy, stupidly. We named him 'Jackson'. He was CUTE, but he was trouble, may he A.I.P. (Adopt In Peace). We put him up on craigslist and gave him away on Wednesday.

The one thing I really loved about him, he was a snuggler. I miss that a little... but I also have stuffed animals that can do the same :)
Good news is, Andrew was able to transfer to another bank. I have a phone inteview on Monday for a Staples, closed-door facility in Irving. It sounds super awesome and it's "salary" based. I already have numbers in my head for what I'll accept. Otherwise, it won't be worth my time for all the toll-roads.
Hope you all are doing well . :)




5 comments:

Christy said...

You already gave him up? Why?

Momma_S said...

Great to have you here. So glad you stopped by. I hear Carrollton is looking for 911 operators. They fired 3 last week for egging someones house.

Heather said...

Cheree is toooooooo funny! True story though. We know a guy that works for Staples Corp. that says to give him a call & he will try to help you out. We love having you guys here & hope to see you at FHE tomorrow.

Lexa said...

Glad you're loving Texas. After all, "Texas IS the Greatest"

Cindy Ardis said...

We love having you and Andrew here. Can't wait to see what kind of job you will get, but I'm enjoying having you around during the day. I will miss you when you have to go to work.

About Me

My photo
Life Changes fast-- But I'm Excited!